Business Tax and Consultancy
Business start-up planning and advice
Starting up in business can be a daunting prospect, with budding entrepreneurs all too often left to fend for themselves. At Pitt Godden & Taylor LLP we will help you to cut through the red-tape and support you at a crucial time in the life-cycle of your business.
Bring us your business ideas and we'll help you to evaluate them in a constructive and realistic manner. We can also help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- Prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Complete any registration procedures with Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
To arrange an initial consultation, please contact us today.
Strategic and Business planning
Everyone knows that a successful business must plan ahead, but all too often the pressures of keeping the business going on a daily basis mean that strategic planning is not given the attention it needs. The result is often rushed judgments, over- or under-capacity or missed opportunities.
Every business owner needs a planning adviser who has the time and space to take the long view and advise on appropriate courses of action before it is too late. With years of experience advising the local business community we have a wealth of experience and expertise for you to draw on.
Contact us today for a planning review.
We can help you to secure the essential deals for your business. Areas where we can assist include:
- Raising finance from investors
- Securing loans
- Accessing government grants
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Management buy-ins and buy-outs
- Exit planning
- Valuing your business
- Due diligence for investors
Please contact us to discover how we can help your business.
We deal with the routine matters of business tax, PAYE, National Insurance and VAT.
Our services will help to minimise your corporate tax exposure and relieve you of the administrative burden. These include:
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business
- Taking full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs
- Achieving the optimum capital or revenue tax treatment
- Reducing tax on disposals and maximising relief on acquisitions
- Making the most of tax opportunities specific to your industry
- Meeting the rigorous demands of compliance including corporation tax self assessment
- Acting on your behalf in discussions with the tax authorities
Efficient corporate tax planning can result in potentially significant improvements in your bottom line.
Call us today to discover how we can help you minimise the corporate tax burden.
VAT and VAT audits
Many businesses unintentionally over or underpay Value Added Tax (VAT) as a result of its complexity.
The widening parameters of this burdensome tax and frequent changes made by HM Revenue and Customs often require the assistance of a professional to ensure that businesses comply with the relevant regulations.
At Pitt, Godden & Taylor LLP we provide an efficient VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Planning to minimise future problems with HM Revenue and Customs.
- Negotiating with HM Revenue and Customs in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals
Call us today for more information on VAT and your business.
Capital Gains Tax
Capital gains tax (CGT) planning is a must for anyone who is intending to make a disposal of a capital asset for example, a share of a business or a company, stocks and shares or a property.
We are able to advise on this complex issue to ensure that maximum relief is obtained where available.
Call us today for more information.
The Companies Act places strict obligations on companies to submit the required documents according to deadlines.
We can provide peace of mind, by taking the hard work off your hands.
Our Company Secretarial services include:
- Preparation and filing of statutory returns
- Preparation of minutes and resolutions
- Company formation
- Company searches
Please contact us to find out more.